Friday, May 29, 2015

Day 28 of #90daysofblogging

We have 3 ducks that show up every year, one female and two males and it is always the same three. Don't know why there are two to one but that is their business (raising eyebrows here). There is a creek right next to our yard, it runs from the Mississippi River to who knows where, a long way ....
but they make their next and have their babies in our part of the creek.

Wellllll, last night our dog was out in the yard and the ducks just happened to land in our yard. Our dog has never seen a duck before and was interested in these huge alien things that just landed in our yard. So, of course he is going to chase them.......Luckly 2 of them got away and were able to take flight but the other one was left to defend for himself against this huge monster that was just not going to let him fly away, LOL Now if you knew my dog, he would NEVER have hurt it, he was just interested in it and wanted to get close enough to check it out. I finally went out because I heard all the ruckus and saw what was happening. But, NOT before I grabbed my phone (Hey.....I needed something to blog about...) I have a gate leaned up against our fence in the corner of the yard and that is where it took shelter from the monster.
My husband came out, let our dog out of the yard so the duck could take flight and get away, but not before I could get my pictures LOL, so yeah, after the dog left the yard then I was the monster....
Any Hoot, I snapped a few pics and here are a couple. I also took pics of the creek that runs along our yard the the back of the yard.


 
Isn't she cute!! I think so and I love that they come back here every year. Well, maybe not after this episode.

And here are a couple of the creek, a couple have overgrowth and I didn't feel like walking another few yards to get better ones because as I was leaving my yard, I saw a snake. Yes we get snakes in our yard because of the creek but I had not seen one yet this year. (Thanks Sandee!!!) I hate snakes!!



Thanks for stopping by and don't forget to check out the other friends...

     Sharon Estes 

2 comments:

SandeeNC said...

We have similar going ons in our backyards, creeks, ducks and snakes! lol Albeit I don't have a dog or a husband, 2 animals that I miss having!

Granny Korner Craftingwithartgrandma said...

Wish we had all the fun animals in our backyard again. We have turkeys and that has been it a hummingbird and bluebird. miss them love your blog you are way ahead of me. LOL