Saturday, May 2, 2015

Days 2 of #90daysofblogging

This is day 2 of our 90 days of blogging.  I have beautiful blooming trees and bushes in my yard. The first one to bloom is always the plum tree then when the flowers on that start to die our apple/crab apple tree blooms and it is just beautiful. It is an apple tree and a crab apple tree that grew together into one tree, weird but very pretty when in bloom. It does produce apples and crab apples. We don't spray the tree so they are not edible, the bugs get to eat them first and then the squirrels and birds. It does attract beautiful birds. We also hang a bird feeder on it and have a bird bath under it in the corner of the yard.
On the first one is a picture of the two, you can hardly make out the white flowers that produce the apples, the pink part is the crab apple tree.

This picture shows a better picture of the apple flowers but again barely.




 


The bottom picture is a picture of our Plum tree, we don't treat that one either, we leave them for the animals. But it does produce fruit.



Aren't they all beautiful? I think so. I would take a picture of  my Lilac Bush but for some strange reason, the city dug it up this past winter. They did leave a small stem that has a couple blooms on it and I am hoping it grow to become a huge bush again. We still to this day have no idea why they even were working in the creek by our house. They never did accomplish anything :::shrugging shoulders:::. Thanks for stopping by, have a wonderful day.  

4 comments:

mikosspot.blogspot.com said...

I love your trees. Never seen anything like the crabapple tree.. lolol. Wonder if u can press some of those flowers?

Unknown said...

Oh you sure can Tamiko :)

SandeeNC said...

Beautiful trees, I love them!

Anonymous said...

I love trees that bloom!!! So colorful and just make any yard look so inviting. Very cool that you have both an apple and crabapple tree in one!! Lilac bushes are one of my favorite and we have one right beside our deck....I just wish they'd bloom for longer.
Yvonne